Hanoi - Ha Giang 5-Day Trekking Tour
To reduce expense, we can use local bus for transferring from Hanoi to Ha Giang (Promotion and Adventure options). Depending on your needs, please select options in tour price list.
Day 1: Hanoi - Quang Binh (D)
Drive to Quang Binh - Ha Giang. Lunch at local restaurant on the way. Meet local guide and take a short walk to homestay.
Dinner and overnight in a homestay in Quang Binh.
Day 2: Quang Binh -
Tan Nam (B, L, D)
Breakfast, say goodbye to the host and depart at 08.30 am. Take an easy trek through valley and terraced rice paddies for over 2 hours to a village of Pa Then ethnic peoples. Explore the village and then lunch break.
After noon trek takes nearly 4 hours up and down hill through plantation, rice paddies, especially the palm forest of hilly land of the Tan Nam Commune. Passing some hamlets of the Black Dzao and larger villages of the hospitable Nung ethnic peoples.
Arrive to the center of Tan Nam at about 5.00 PM, walk around this beautiful village. Dinner & home stay in a house of the Nung.
Day 3: Trekking Tan Nam - Phieng Lang (B, L, D)
Depart at 08.30am after breakfast at home-stay. The trek today is easy on large village path which connect village to villages of the Dzao Ao Dai (Dzao with long dress), Tay and Nung ethnic peoples, all beautifully set along the Nam Ly River. Paying visiting to many local homes along the way and every where peoples treat visitors with their hospitality.
The trek in the afternoon gets up hill slightly and gradually to Phieng Lang. This region is inhabited mostly by the Red Dzao, Dzao Ao Dai and Flower Hmong hill tribes who traditionally and practically build their homes on hill tops and cultivate the surrounding land to create perfect dwelling. Arrive to Phieng Lang in mid afternoon. Take a leisure walk to explore the surrounding nature. Dinner and home stay in a stilt house of the Dzao hill tribe.
Day 4: Phieng Lang - Nam
Choong (B, L, D)
Breakfast and leave Phieng Lang at about 08.30 am. Enjoy another day along the beautiful Nam Ly Valley. Take a good trail which winds up and down on high hill sides gradually uphill for the whole morning via Pa Duc village to Quang Thuong. Very different from the Nung and Tay, who live in large villages at low land, the Hmong and the Dzao Ao Dai occupy the higher land and built their houses scattering on hill-tops. This portion offers one of the most beautiful in the far north.
Lunch break and then descending along a narrow trail passing through tea farms and steep terraced paddies for 2 hours to Nam Chong Village of the Dzao Ao Dai. Explore the village and settle down in a local home for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Nam Chong - Quang
Nguyen - Hanoi (B)
Departure at 08.30 am. Trek along a narrow trail along the Nam Ly River for an hour to the center of Quang Nguyen Commune. Pick up by car and drive back Hanoi. Lunch at a local restaurant on route.
Drop off at hotel at around 7:00PM. Tour ends.
Quotation (USD/person; valid to 30-09-2019)
Group of travelers
Private Tour Price
Promotion Tour Price
Adventure Tour Price
Contact us for specific request at email@example.com
- It is compulsory to have security permission from Ha Giang police, so copy of passport and visa is needed 3 days at least before starting the trek in Ha Giang.
- Personal luggage when trekking should be no more than 6kg. Good trekking shoes, rain gear (May. to Dec.), warm clothes (Nov. to Mar.) and insect repellent are of great use.
- Daily trekking through village, fields, hills, forests.
- Promotion Tours: Services as in Private Tour but Hanoi - Ha Giang - Hanoi transferred by public bus.
- Adventure Tour: Services as in Promotion Tour but there is NO English speaking go with you on the tour.
- Private A/C transfer Hanoi - Ha Giang and vice-versa. (Not for promotion and adventure tours)
- English speaking guide (Not available on adventure tour), local guide, porter.
- Entrance fees and border entry permission.
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program. See homestay
- Meals as mention in the program (B: breakfast; L: lunch; D: dinner)
- Travel insurances.
- Drinks and personal expenses (laundry, phone calls etc.).
- Tips and gratuities.
- Services not clearly mentioned above.
See local people and share what they have
More Tours in Quang Binh, Ha Giang:
High Quality Tour Service:
A member of Vietnam Travel Promotion Group (VTP Group)
Address: Room 509, 15T2 building, 18 Tam Trinh Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: +84.24.62768855 / Fax: +84.24.62768866 / mail[at]tuanlinhtravel.com